Last updated 26/06/2012
1. Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by Watersupermarket.com is controlled by Watersupermarket.com, 45, Percy Road, Ilford, London IG3 8SF, United Kingdom.
1a. What Personal Information Does Watersupermarket.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve our customer’s shopping experience at Watersupermarket.com. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products,services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: we receiveand store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way.The information that we may ask you would be
name and job title, your age
contact information including email address
demographic information such as your addressincluding postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveysand/or offers
- You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Watersupermarket.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Watersupermarket.com on other Web sites. Some of the examples of the information we may receive are
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Watersupermarket.com if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as, Recommended for You, personalised advertisements on other Web sites and storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. However, we recommend that you leave the Cookies turned on to take advantage of some of Watersupermarket.com s essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any Watersupermarket.com products and services that require you to Sign in.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
3. Does Watersupermarket.com share the Information itreceives?
Information about our customers is an importantpart of our business and we do not sell that information to others.Watersupermarket.com shares customer information only as described below.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Watersupermarket.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
4. How secure is your information?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. Please be aware that we do not store your Credit / Debit card details on Watersupermarket.com
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
5. About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web sites?
Our site may include third-party advertising andlinks to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
Watersupermarket.com also displays personalised third-party advertising based on personal information about customers, such as purchases on Watersupermarket.com. Although Watersupermarket.com does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalised advertisement meet the criteria used to personalise the ad (for example, users in the United Kingdom who browsed for or bought Water Purifiers).
6. Are Children Allowed to UseWatersupermarket.com?
Watersupermarket.com does not sell products forpurchase by children. We sell children s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Watersupermarket.com only with the involvement ofa parent or guardian.
7. Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Watersupermarket.com, please e-mail us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you to email@example.com .